Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Oven Temp: 350 degrees
- 2¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger (Sometimes I will use Crystallized Ginger for a little more sweetness)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ¼ cup molasses
- 4 tablespoons white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix together the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 1 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, then stir in the water and molasses.
- Gradually stir the sifted ingredients into the molasses mixture.
- Shape dough into 1″ (25mm) sized balls, and roll them in the remaining 4 tablespoons of sugar.
- Place the cookies 2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Recipe by One Little Project.com